want to see some acro pics

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

maggiesaquasup

I want to see some of your best looking acros. please give me your tank info also lighting, flow, how high or low it is , what size tank etc.

Here ya go!
IMG_5234.JPG.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_5247.JPG.JPG
[/IMG]

IMG_5250.JPG.JPG
[/IMG]

IMG_5298.JPG.JPG
[/IMG]

Lites- 4 400w 20k radiums
2 400w 10k
Flow- lots
Tank - 400 gallon system

Thanks for posting Charlie I was starting to wounder if anyone was going to post.What is the acro in the last pic looks like it is a millie but not sure?

Very nice Charlie, yeh I saw a pic in the 450 thread,I just thought he had fragged hiw so small that you were giving him a piece from your tank. I lost that nice piece I got from him last year when the heater stuck, but have a smaller frag of the same piece from Dr. Deano, it is doing fine, just not near as big. I think your is darker blue. Dean and I are going to go down to that place and look around, heard they really have nice stuff, expensive but worth it.

I guess I will post some of mine.

this one pic was taken in Jan w/20k
jan200620042.jpg

and here it is top down I added 2 50/50 vhos and changed to 10k
april06011.jpg

and this one was I think in Jan also w/20k
n1009.jpg

and now with 10k and 2 50/50 added
april06012.jpg

You can see the changes from day to night, but I'm not sure which one I like the best before or the after.

Josh that last one looks like a prize to me.You guys up north must have alot of blue acros.Here is one of the few blue acros I have.I am not sure what it is called but it is nice.

newspsjan06001.jpg

maggiesaquasup said:
Josh that last one looks like a prize to me.You guys up north must have alot of blue acros.Here is one of the few blue acros I have.I am not sure what it is called but it is nice.

newspsjan06001.jpg

It comes from being so darn cold all the time!:lol: :lol: :lol:

charlie said:
It comes from being so darn cold all the time!:lol: :lol: :lol:

So my guess is you don't need chillers there. It snowed here in 2004 for christmas and I live on the beach that was the first time my 12yr old son had ever seen snow.

fishermann said:
Dean and I are going to go down to that place and look around, heard they really have nice stuff, expensive but worth it.

the place you really want to go to is upscales in portland, they have awesome corals of similar rarity and much better prices, plus the display tanks that travis has there kick some major ass.
still, soutas does have some nice stuff and definately merrits a visit when down there, just keep your hand on your wallet.

SPS is my favorite kind of corals. Here are some of mine

ORA blue milli

BluemilliORAtopdown06.4.07.JPG

ORA Nathan's green milli

Greenmillitopdown06.04.07.JPG

Blue A.elseyi

BlueA.elseyitopdown06.04.07.JPG

Green slimer A.youngei

Greenslimercloseup06.04.08.JPG

Bright blue A.robusta

BlueA.robusta06.04.07.JPG

Sold to me as Mike Paletta blue acro, but probably not

MikePalettaBlueAcro06.04.01.JPG

Not an acro, but very nice still, the fluorescent green birdnest Seriatopora caliendrum. Very fast grower

Greenbirdnest06.04.06.JPG

Greenbirdnesttopdown06.04.07.JPG

Gorgeous ORA blue bottlebrush

ORAbluebottlebrushtopdown06.04.07.JPG

Back