Water circulation for 90

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

colin779

I currently have about 1300gph going through my sump, the only movement other then that in the tank is from the two Koralia 1's from the 29 i upgraded from.

I was thinking of getting two of the Koralia Evolution pumps, at 1050gph each. Does it seem like this might be excessive or hard to control? I have a pretty diverse reef, mushrooms to sps. I know it would be great for my sps. I think the locations of my lps and things like that are where they won't get blasted.

The tank is certainly in need of more flow then i have though.

Thanks in advance.

I would also upgrade your Koralia 1's with some 3's or 4's. That should put you around 4000-5000 gph which should be good, all you'd have to do is play with the direction of flow.

I am running 4 800gph pumps on a wave maker in my 75 and have a hard time finding low flow areas for LPS. So I had to really play with the direction of flow to get everything happy.

1300gph through your sump is too high. How are you acheiving this? What kind of return pump are you using? Slow it down to 3-5X your display volume. This will give your skimmer, media reactors, and other filter media time to properly process your water.
In tank flow (the flow you need for the health of your livestock) should be achieved through your powerhead pumps ( koralia's, vortech's, Tunze, etc..)

I currently have about 1300gph going through my sump, the only movement other then that in the tank is from the two Koralia 1's from the 29 i upgraded from.

I was thinking of getting two of the Koralia Evolution pumps, at 1050gph each. Does it seem like this might be excessive or hard to control? I have a pretty diverse reef, mushrooms to sps. I know it would be great for my sps. I think the locations of my lps and things like that are where they won't get blasted.

The tank is certainly in need of more flow then i have though.

Thanks in advance.

when you come over tonight,
look at the flow in my 75g.

I've got a 1065gph return pump
a Korillia Evo 1050 and a Seio 820 "superflow"

Last edited:
Back