water flow

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

jc130b

75 gal tank, thinking about getting 2 Hydor Koralia Evolution 750 and 1 Hydor Koralia Evolution 425 for flow. What do you think? will this be enough for soft corals and fish.
Thanks

I would agree with lvsuckerfish. I have 2 of the 750s and 2 small nano streams in my 75 and the flow is about perfect i think.

You should be fine. I have 3 k4s in my 72 gallon. That makes over 3600 GPH not including my return. Seems perfect. I have everything from zoas, lps, to sps in there.

id even consider just one 1050

or two 750's

I'm currently running a 1050 gph return pump
and a 1050 korillia in my 75gal tank
I've also got an old sieo 830, I just keep it in my tank between salt mixing duties

Let us know how you like the new Korillas. I was thinking about switching to them since you can use them with a wavemaker, but am going with a closed loop instead now.

i bought some of the new koralia evolutions. very nice. with the magnet attachment and suction included, completely quiet at startup and while running. the suction absorbs vibration and the magnet keeps it in place. starts up everytime with my wave timers

It is taking longer to set this tank up, I have decided to build a stand and started that last night, so hopefully in a couple weeks I will have the tank running and I'll let you know how the pumps work.

Back