Water Storage

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

curtismb

Does anyone here know where to acquire FDA/USDA approved water storage containers/ barrels? Something in the 30+ gallon area. Already tried Home Depot and they looked at me like I was stupid. Preferably on the east side around the Bellevue Kirkland area. Any help would be much appreciated.

I got a couple from a local Schneiders bread company in spokane for 10 bucks a barrel, they are previously used with soy bean oil, but its easily cleaned out.

Just get yourself a "Brute" trash can with caster setup. If not try any food based company that brings in chemicals. They only use food grade quality that is easily cleaned. I work for a food company and I use the chemical drums for cleaning solution. They give them away alot of times since they are hard to recycle at times. Good Luck. Look for a dairy company in your local area.

What you are looking for is something made from polyethylene. Rubbermaid Brutes are made from this, the same as FDA approved food/water containers.

I get 55 gallon food grade drums from Yoshida's (sp).. they re-bottle sauces locally and dump the drums for $6.00.

Barrels

Eds Surplus on 196th in Lynnwood sells 15, 30, & 55 gallon barrels that are previously used by pepsi for soda syrups

There is a company in puyallup that gives food grade 55 gal drums away I think once a month on craigslist. I would like one too but have not been able to get away when they have been available.

Google plastic containers , there are a couple companies that carry what your looking for but there very expensive.

Back