Wave maker????

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

dabears26

dapainter
My freind has been suggesting i get a wave maker for my powerhead's.Any opinon's welcome..And if recomenened what one?????:razz: :razz:

Depends on how much you want to spend and also if your powerheads can go on one. Some manufacturers don't suggest shutting off and restarting their pumps simultaneously...

krish75 said:
Depends on how much you want to spend and also if your powerheads can go on one. Some manufacturers don't suggest shutting off and restarting their pumps simultaneously...
Thank's KIRSH what about rio's i lost the box????:D

LOL...I don't think they suggest doing that, but I'll check when I get home because I think I may still have the manuals for them. Are they Seio's?

Down's........?????? Of sunlight right...LOL ....And up's ...U>P>S...LOL..It was 30 and sunny in beautiful nchicago today oh yeah and WINDY///////////

Last edited:
LMBO !!!! dood the way you type, you remind me my budy Jiddy.
i'll just tag along for this since i have no clue on wave makers.

LOL...I checked the manual and I don't see anywhere where it says you can't put it on a wavemaker, but then again I don't see anywhere where it says you can...Not sure(LOL)

I guess . I will save some $$$$$$ >And get 1 the one iv been looking at is the redsea wave pro...Look's good for 125$$

I have the Red Sea and use Maxi-Jet power heads, Most cheep power heads chatter when they start up, un plug the ones you have now and if they chatter when they start up, they will also do so with the wave maker, and it's quite noisy. This process will shorten the life of the power head considerably, the maxi-Jets have been tested and will with stand the constant start and stop that is associated with a wave maker. I do know of several individuals that have been using Maxi-Jets with a wavemaker for longer than 2 years. I do like the Red Sea Pro, it works very well.

Good Luck Ed

krish75 said:
So you're going to try it? How many Seio's do you have?
4 extra thru years of aquariums..My wife wants to know how i get a job in the bahamas. KIRSH ..SHE'S Jealous ...I took her to negril,Jamaica last year....And she love's the island's

Back