ways to remove pest anemones without killing them?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

eliterecon14

Pajama Cardinal
ways to remove pest anemones without killing them, a person I know would love to have one, no care for it so super simple. Any idea how to take it off w/o killing it?

I've been able to pry some of them off rock with the tip of a knife.
As long as you just use it to pry and not stab, you may have success.

Why I just don't know........hmmmm?

Your best bet is just to remove the rock its on.

If you want to keep the rock, then you could remove it, cut the anemone off and then burn the stump remaining on the rock so it doesn't spread. Some of them will die and some will live but its the only way I can see to remove aiptasia or mojanos without creating a bunch more in your tank.

when I was moving rocks from one tank to the next, I found that if a rock was sitting out of water for a few minutes, the majano on it would get sort of stunned and would lose its grip on the rock. Then they would just fall off if you touched them. I can't comment on the grow-back factor. So far every removal method I've tried results in new majanos either in the same spot or somewhere else.

that's what happened to me, as you know. Bought someones live rock and it came loaded with majanos

Posting this directly after my post :eek: Im sure glad you clarified what you were talking about.:lol:

Well your post wasn't there when I started! You snuck it in on me, just to ruin my reputation! :lol:

Everyone, I was talking about majanos on live rock. Thank you. Go back to what you were doing....

Well your post wasn't there when I started! You snuck it in on me, just to ruin my reputation! :lol:

Everyone, I was talking about majanos on live rock. Thank you. Go back to what you were doing....
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Back