We finally had our baby girl

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

brandyrb

Kailyn Constance Vaughn was born on April 5th at 6:59am weighing 7lbs 4 oz and 20" long. I was attempting a VBAC (vaginal birth after previous cesarean), but my body had other plans. I was in labor for 3 1/2 days and never got past dilating to 6 cm, so I agreed to another c-section. I am so glad she is finally here! Kailyn and I are both at the hospital until tomorrow evening. She developed a mild case of jaundice that they're observing and I've just been in pain from the surgery.

I'll ask Mike to post pics of her later.

Congrats! That is a long time in labor. My wife was in labor for 8 hours and that was MORE then enough for me! :lol::badgrin:

What a kicka$$ last name!:):):):):):)

Congratulations:) Wow I agree 3 1/2 hours of labor is extremely long and was an extremely valiant attempt for a VBAC. Hope for a speedy recovery for you and your new addition.

Congratulations on your pretty expensive frag - that will grow and get more expensive as the time goes by. (cant believe mine is already four, feels like i just brought him from good sam) he had jundice as well and we had to stay an extra night....have fun and rest, rest, rest!!!! let me know if you need help with anything...

I can't imagine having to spend 3 and half days by my fiance's side during labor. The 2 hrs I had to were long enough LOL.

I don't have very good pics yet, so I'll have to get more, but here's a few.

Mike enjoying his 5 hour energy drink and me at the beginning of a contraction. It was 3:00am and yes, that is my barf bag on top of his head. He is a little odd, but I love him, lol.
pic3.jpg

Me holding Kailyn the day after she was born.
pic2.jpg

My oldest daughter Sierra and her new little sister.
pic5.jpg

pic4.jpg

Baby Kailyn with her eyes kindof open.
pic1.jpg

Thanks everybody. The 3 1/2 days of labor was torture. Hard labors seem to be a family curse. My other two labors were 2 days and all my mom's labors were two days. I thought future labors were supposed to go faster, but apparently not in my case.

Yeah, hopefully Kailyn will be into the hobby. My son kind of is, but my daughter wants nothing to do with it.

What is the color temperature for curing jaundice? I think one of my coral is turning a bit yellow..LOL J/K

Kailyn sleeps great. Her jaundice is starting to go away on it's own too. I love the newborn stage. Her dad can't wait until she's more playful and alert.

Back