Webinar Series feedback

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I think its a great idea. I do believe once a month is to much of a demand to place on Mike and whoever else is arranging the seminars. My concern is burn out and lack of topics, I'm afraid it would go great guns and then just die out due to lack of topics and speakers.

Don

I think it's a grand idea!! I like the idea of the software Estanoche talked about. I like how it gives us the ability to "record" the webinar, so those that can't be available, to participate "live," still have the ability to see it, later!

I think every other month, or every quarter would be just fine.

Exciting!!!

I think it's a grand idea!! I like the idea of the software Estanoche talked about. I like how it gives us the ability to "record" the webinar, so those that can't be available, to participate "live," still have the ability to see it, later!

I think every other month, or every quarter would be just fine.

Exciting!!!

So I would take that as a yes???? You don't sound too convincing :lol:

Hi Mike, thought you lived on RAG, glad to have a familiar "face" here
Hmm havent been their for 5 years?? maybe more, not since buddy bought the place.

For clarification, this would be part of the "special services" available to people holding a paid premium membership, is that right? Basic services remaining free to everyone? I do think this is the kind of thing people would be willing to pay for. Depending on how what the cost was.

No not really, I dont want to turn the place into a pay for this and pay for that. People will be free to donate or get a Premium Membership if they feel or can afford to help.
The concept would be free for all registered members. So if any of our clubs would like to tag along on the webinars, thats cool.

On the ammount or how often we have them is going to be somehting that works itself off based on the availability of the presenters. The concept is pretty easy for them as they can do it off an existing PowerPoint from their own living room. Most Speaker have several presentations prepared already and to be honest it could be used for equipment/methodology/book review and so on to

Mojo

Hi Mike, thought you lived on RAG, glad to have a familiar "face" here. :)

That's a different MOJO. There are two others on other forums with this name.

Mike, this reminds me of when Sanjay use to do the seminars in MIRC. I learned a lot back then from them. I like this idea a lot. :thumbup:

I could also talk to some of the marine biologists downtown Charleston about signing up for this also. Let me know when and if I should approach them.
I also have a connection with the guys who built Atlantis Marine World out on Long Island in NY. I could see about getting them to do something also.
Plenty of educated people I can approach on this. We can get a list of names going and create a calendar for the ones willing to share there wealth of knowledge.

YES
clapping.gif

I have a lot to learn and would be very interested in attending a webinar. Haven't read through this whole thread but would strongly suggest recording the webinar for others to access in the future.

I think it would be exciting to see and be a part of. I do agree once a month, you will loose topics, burn outs and the excitement would go away after the first few greats had their presentation. The only thing that sucks is having to pay for it every month regardless. It has to be presented will, plenty of bandwidth to make it run smoothly, so the freebie's may not be so great and the cost of the others could be some waste when not used, so we need a middle to get the best of both worlds If we do a quarterly, If not then we're ok on the monthly, no issues LOL!

My opinion (and we all know about opinions) is I agree with Don. I think it will be guns going in, but might fizzle on the topics after awhile. Now, maybe get Don to do a DIY webinar or two. You could keep the big time speakers to quarterly, then have knowledgeable hobbyists do an area of their expertise in between speaker months (ie mike plumbing a tank), or have the webinar follow up a workshop. I would hate for this to be great initially, then drop off for lack of interest. I personally love the idea. However, I doubt I would listen in live every month just because of other obligations. Ideally for me would be to check out a recorded version (please?) at my convenience. This would especially be a great tool for people that can never make it to macna.

Now, on to getting used to tapatalk. My lightening speed typing and lack of typos has been reduced to screwing up my eyes on a tiny screen while misspelling every other word pecking with one finger. :)

Site looks nice.

Well hello their missy!!! Good to see ya!!

We still are looking at this to see how it can be used. It doesnt have to be just a series of speakers doing their presentations, it can be used for a number of things. So for right now we are kind of working out the details.

On the phone thing, you can count the test messages I sent in my lifetime on one hand, I cant even read the screen half the time, lol As per spelling, We all know I the amount of spelling bee I have won in my days:D

Well hello their missy!!! Good to see ya!!

We still are looking at this to see how it can be used. It doesnt have to be just a series of speakers doing their presentations, it can be used for a number of things. So for right now we are kind of working out the details.

On the phone thing, you can count the test messages I sent in my lifetime on one hand, I cant even read the screen half the time, lol As per spelling, We all know I the amount of spelling bee I have won in my days:D

Thanks! I'll be interested to see what you do with the webinar feature. I think if done well it can be a great asset to the board, and hopefully not a pain in the as$ for the person handling it. I look forward to checking it out.

As per the spelling bees, come on now, I know you just play that you can't spell.

Back