Weird Growth Identification Please

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

JIvePhotography

Green Bubble
I've noticed that in my sump in the bubble baffles and also in my overflow chamber im getting these weird pineapple looking things growing. Not sure what they are of if they're good or bad. Can anyone let me know? I've also seen 2 of them in my main tank attached to my frogspawn branches.

I have the same thing in my sump and to me they look like a type of sponge. Some of mine are pretty big now too about the size of a quater.

I've noticed that in my sump in the bubble baffles and also in my overflow chamber im getting these weird pineapple looking things growing. Not sure what they are of if they're good or bad. Can anyone let me know? I've also seen 2 of them in my main tank attached to my frogspawn branches.

I have the same thing in my sump and to me they look like a type of sponge. Some of mine are pretty big now too about the size of a quater.

I've been scraping mine off when I clean just cause they're spreading. I wasn't sure if they're good or bad.

Those are pineapple sponges. Completely harmless.

They look like this right.

IMGP5990.jpg

IMGP5991.jpg

just went down and took these.

Not bad at all... they'll come and go as the nutrients come and go. (I've always heard of them as "Q-tip sponges". I like "pineapple sponges" better!)

Back