weird nitrate question...

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

dezzydory

with my 10 gallon nano i had 8lbs of live rock and the tank cycled just fine its been up and running several months now. i added 2lbs of LR yesterday cause i found a piece that would be perfect in the corner of my tank. could that little extra bit of LR cause a small cycle to happen again? my nitrates jumped up and my kh is at 14 and it is usually around 10-12. could that have been the cause? thanks. :)

being that small of a tank i think by adding the rock you initiated another cycle, the cycle should be short but i'd def. keep an eye on it

thanks ... i truly didnt even think adding it would be that much of a change i guess thats what i get with such a small tank... :p

You have to remember the smaller tank means less water volume, which means less stability. I know from having a 20 gallon bow and the amount of water changes and constant supervision. I always felt like I was working on my tank instead of enjoying it.

lol yeah know the feeling in the process of trying to get the 50 up and running so i can just put everything in there. :) my husband is building my stand and next week we should be able to start mixing the water. all i need now is sand lighting and rock..lol. oh well it will get there.. :)

Back