Welcome CIMA!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

NaH2O

Welcome our newest reef club, Central Illinois Marine Aquarists, to Reef Frontiers!!!

Hope you find our resources available here beneficial :)

Thanks for joining!

Welcome CIMA,
I was raised in Illinois. I grew up in a little town called Canton. I wonder where you are located. I would love to see some more Midwest Saltwater Tanks. Heres a Bump and wishing you Many happy Travels..
Sincerely,
Ed Hahn :)

Thank you Nikki and Ed. We llok forward to becoming productive members of the Reef Frontiers family!

Ed - I know right where Canton is. I've been racing MANY times at Spoon River Speedway outside of Banner, IL.

Wow Ed I was born and raised in Mason City Illinois. Who town had maybe 1300 ppl in it. I am also anxious to see some MIdwest reefs. Last time I was home there was a fish store in Springfield that seemed pretty interesting. I cannot remember the name of it. On that trip fish were the last thing on my mind at the time but if I remember right they had a nice mix of FW and SW.

Jeff

Stang,
I use to Hunt Pheasants in Mason City, if I remember right. I remember going through Havana to get to Springfield quite a bit. I am hearing that Travel in that area is pretty bad because of Deer crossing the road at night. I am going back in June to Illinois for a visit.

I would love to see some Saltwater Tanks in Illinois..

Can you say Road Trip.... ;)

Wow what a small world huh.

Pheasant hunting in the midwest is almost a tradition. Yes Deer have almost always been a hazard there. With the corn feilds and such there is always pleanty there. The White tails are HUGE!!!!! First blacktail I seen here I thought it was a german shepard. ROFL!!!!

Jeff

Stang69 said:
Wow what a small world huh.

Pheasant hunting in the midwest is almost a tradition. Yes Deer have almost always been a hazard there. With the corn feilds and such there is always pleanty there. The White tails are HUGE!!!!! First blacktail I seen here I thought it was a german shepard. ROFL!!!!

Jeff
True....... ;)

Welcome, Glad you are here. I was born in E. Alton Ill, parents moved to KY with the corvette plant. Keep coming back, this place is great with great people. Steve

Awesome i was going to start a thread asking if anyone knew of a forum for reefers in Illinois. I live in Palatine anyone live near here? I don't have a lot to frag yet but i'm willing to buy frags if your in the area!!

shallowreef said:
Awesome i was going to start a thread asking if anyone knew of a forum for reefers in Illinois. I live in Palatine anyone live near here? I don't have a lot to frag yet but i'm willing to buy frags if your in the area!!

I got some corals and frags. What r u looking for? I'm from elgin.

Mchenry ill

shallowreef said:
I have some green star polyp frag rocks,devils hand frag 1"attached to rock,and different types of riccordia (mushrooms fast growers)but never the less willing to trade,buy or sell...lol:cool: :D

I would be interested in trading Some Ricordia for Xenias if you would be up for it. I'm Warning you though Xenia can take over your tank very very quickly! Getting back to Sho tank and Matt, Yeah i love going there too. He's about 45min away from me but it is totally worth the trip he has some of the best prices i've ever seen. Have you been to the new store yet. If not you should its one of his nicest places yet.

O Yeah ,LIke i said i am their at least 3 time's a week ..Don't want a shallow reef....LOL ...Just joking I will be their friday from about 5 till 6:30 p.m ..It's not a addiction it's a hobbie..check out the new post on u know your a reefer...

Back