Welcome Pocono Mountain Reef Club

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Sweet. I will check it out. I do make the pilgramage to That fish place too once in a while. Prices are fair. We race Legends and most of the races are down that way. Well if you go to shear heaven Something fishy has a bit more for selection and is strictly salt. Definitly worth a visit. I don't go anywhere else unless I am checking out new places. I do not know how familiar you are with the area but if you are on MacAuthur Road North (RT 145 or 7th street) from 22 go north till 329 intersection (light at the top of the hill after Sheetz on your right about 3 or 4 miles) Turn right at the light which will take you to Northampton. you will come down a hill from that light across a bridge and I think it is the first light which is like main st. go through the light up the hill to another light. Just after this light going down the hill on the left is where it is located. Only open on the weekends 10 to 5. Last time I was at lancaster the Salt section seemed empty. Oh also there is a new store located off Union Blvd just past airport road. From MacAuthur road take 22 east towards Easton. Get off at Airport road south and go till Union Blvd about 3 lights I think(Big WAWA on the left corner). Turn left and it is about 1 block down on the left if that - Directly across from a petsmart or some chain like that. He is from shear heaven I think his name is Bob. Steve knows him better than I.

hey, guys. brian I dont know what happened to bob on union blvd. He just opened and was realy exited about the new place. He had been planning it for a long time. I went by there last month and the place was closed. I went by again a couple of weeks ago the signs are down and the place was still closed. what was wierd is that there is a sign to rent the place but all of bobs equipment was still there. I think something may have happened to him but im not sure. Hey if you guys want to get together im up for it. steve

brianblack said:
So far it has been slow going to get intrest. Steve and I are trying to get something going in the Pocono and surrounding area. Just trying to get a group to swap ideas, frags ect. BTW Anthony Calfo has a speaking engagement in Northampton if you want to attend. You can get more info at http://www.toofishy.com/product.php?productid=80213&cat=0&page=1&featured
Thankis for the intrest and will post when we will try to have another get together.
brian I tried to get up the 6 people for the discount and seemed to have no iinterest. I bought me and zack a couple of tix though. are you going I can pick you up if you want.

Steve
I got my ticket today and a small clam. :) Sally can't go has an engagement in Philly.:doubt: She wanted to come. I went by bob's today and it said out of business so guess that is it. Give me a call and we could ride together. It is about 1/2 hr from my place. so leave about 5:30 or so from my place. I will try to book out of work so I get home in time to be ready. I have no hockey schedual after March 5 so don't know if I have a game or not. I shouldn't but ya never know. I would still go to the talk but may have to leave early - hockey is just down the road.

Jobob -
Store is open before and after event. See ya there.:p

Brian

thats cool, ill give you a call. I have to work that day also but should be able to get out early seeing i am working 40 days strait for them.

:D Well let me know about friday. I got the new hockey sched. and do not have a game that night. Clam and everything seems to be doing good.:) How is the Cheato doing in your fuge?
-B 610-681-5432

I think i need a better light set up. maybe some pcs. You have to hook me up with a diy.

measure the sump and let me know what the area we have to squeeze into. BTW Todd said salt water and band saws don't mix well.

the sump is a 36" and i will stay away from the band saw.:(

Hey Anthony replied in the N'hampton section that it would be OK for the saw for a small amount of time. I am doing some lighting now for 36inch. I am going to decide how much material I need for the hood and see if I can get hooked up. I think I showed it to you when you were here. Send me an email from you home account - I have something messed up with that address - still bouncing.
Here is a copy of what Anthony wrote---

thanks my friends and yes, kudos to Todd and family for hosting a great event for all.

regarding the band saw, it is as Brian states... not as good as a water cooled saw, but likely just fine for most corals. For a while, a band saw was Dick Perrin'd (Tropicorium) tool of choice for many stonies. Perhaps still is.

kindly, Anthony

Last edited:
Back