Well Downsizing took a bad turn

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Reefdaddy1

Reef Geek Jedi
I had planned on down sizing my systems to a more managable level. Well few weeks back I strated with all my 55 gallons Transfered alot of stuff into 120 gallon so it was full, well we had power outage at my house for 2 days on account storms, I figured my Generator would handle it , It burned a bearing within the first day. So i went the old Ice dipping thing, to no avail. Temps were around 100 with 100% humidity. It was miserable. So neeless to say I lost a group of stuff, The only thing that hung in there were what I transfered to the 120. I lost all my Frags and MY 2 160 gals are toast. All cheato were white and all my corals melted. I hoping there is some surviors, but I am not counting on it. So as of right now Iam down to a 40 L tank and a 120 Gallon. I picked up 2 60 gallon cubes and was planning on Using them for pilar types in bedroom, But now they are being setup to see if I have anything comeback. I had that system for 7 years. It is now pretty ugly. Heat kills, No doubt about it. and if your asking yourself why didnt he get a new generator, well the answer is they sold out in our area would have them in when it was to late. Sucks, But thats reefing.

Bummer Bob! Charlie was right...It is happening to everyone these days! :eek: It's upsetting to hear people lose so much after all the money, hard work and effort. I hope you can save a few frags...Best of luck man.

Yeah Hope I can, And thanks Ron and krish, Yeah it dont look good man, But iam gonna try, I know my frags are gone, But Maybe I can salvage some of the stuff that was lower in the tanks. We will see , I will keep ya ll updated

ohh dood i'm sorry to hear dood :( .
I always knock on wood because i don't know what would i do without my corals :( .

you're fixing to have PLENTY to do without your corals!!!!! LOL:p :p you and Krish...i will go ahead and say bye before it's too late:D

Back