WELL its that time or the year it seems

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

burning2nd

So i figered ill crack this can open and sit back and have a good old convo about it.

(in the sound of the guy on tv voice) (you know there all the same)

Cant get that tank to the right temp? haveing trouble sleeping at night? Just not sure what 2 do about your faulty heater? WEll here at............. we

nvm

whats the deal guys heater failing season?

Im useing the WON Pro Lcd II 150 watt heater? any of you that had a heater failer use this one? NOt the regular pro with the little grey body and red nob.

the white body and white nob.

2nd q

i think krish had a tag under a post or no it was boomer i think had a tag with some thermoiter's (same brand i have just bigger) that has 2 sets of numbers.
i think thats probly a highest and lowest seting right? does that have a sound alert? does anyone know of one that has a audio alert to when a threshold is pasted?

you should always inspect your wires in to the water. sw is very carosive and eats thur plastic quickly

(just went over to the tank to take a look cause im thinking im gonna get slamed soon with something) and i found my peppermint with a big peace of something in its mouth thingy lookin lookin looked like a peace of fish, i was like damnit i probly lost something last night, it was one of thos half snail half slug things, the littler peppermint had a life snail slug thing, he droped him when i flashed the light on him

sw is very carosive and eats thur plastic quickly

Depends on the plastic. Most plastics are quite stable. Although I have no idea how Won chooses the type of plastic for their insulators. With all the stories I've herd sorta sounds like they have a supplier catalogue, a monkey, and some darts. It's cheaper than an Engineer.

The thermometers are made by Rainbow LifeGuard.

Here's a snipet from a description:
Display both aquarium water temperature and room temperature in F. Has 4 alert features. Alarm will sound and LED flashes: high temp alert only, low temp alert only, both high and low temp alert (air/room), or both high and low temp alert.

And here's the link to buy one.

I've had my heater unplugged all summer I should probably plug it back in. It was the heat vs. me this summer and the heat got the better of me, this winter I'll convince my wife that I need a chiller :badgrin:

Back