Well look what we have here.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Why would you tell me an swc 120 cone, but tell me an a eshopps 100h is too large?

because the SWC 120 cone is a small cone skimmer that is designed for 20g-55g tanks...so not too crazy on 11g... the other thing is the 6x7 footprint.
also, the design features on the 120 cone make it vastly better candidate for stable long term use. stable isnt a word that comes to mind with eshopps....
but as i said, there are many skimmers that would be appropriate for 11g...even a bakpak.
and ultimately sure...go ahead ...run it with the eshopps on the sump and see how it goes...it'll probably be fine, but might be too big to produce stable foam head for 11g...but wont know until you try... :)

aww crap.... i just saw you busted it... what a f'ing PITA.
sorry man.. :(

Last edited:
Oh i thought the swc 120 was rated for the same amount of gallons. Total volume is close to 22 with that sump. But yea i was hoping to try the 100h on the sump and maybe just see how it runs before spending bread on another skimmer. Im looking to get either the back panel replaced asap or have an acrylic one made asap. We'll see how it goes. I just feel bad because i have coral being held for me right now and every time i break that tank which is twice now its 60$ =(( I also thought that the psk100h was more for a actual max of around 60-70 gallons.

Last edited:
So i've been hooked up with a new builder and am hopefully going with the same dimensions but acrylic! No more Cracked glass!

Photo0123.jpg

Photo0124.jpg

Photo0125.jpg

Photo0126.jpg

Photo0130.jpg

Photo0132.jpg

Photo0133.jpg

Also the water line is only a 1/2 inch from the rim with makes me a little nervous. I have never had a rimless tank before.

How thick was that glass tank you broke??

WOW looks cool.
I wouldn't worry about the clear vinyl you just gotta clean it more because of light..

The tank was smaller than 1/4 inch. I replaced the back panel with 1/4 inch glass so it would be easier to drill. Sound glass was a little off on their cut though. It turned out ok. And the light is even now. after messing with it. Im thinking about just taking out those x2 t5's in the fixture and placing the x2 led strips i have in it.

Modded the skimmer and have completed the build. Auto top off added. It is now completely run off of my american dj strip in my previous build and safe from a power outage. Now time for some sand and rock asap.

Adam thanks again for giving me the time needed to finish finals and get on this. I owe you brotha.

Also yes the only flow on the rio 2100 is on full blast through the sea swirl. So it is all going through my sump. Hopefully it wont be a problem, am loving the visual random water flow. This is the most silent tank with a sump i have ever seen. Even with the skimmer since i extended the drop.

Much thanks Adam for making this scape possible. Its super stable for being rubble, jumped on the ground and shook the scape a little to make sure.

All dry rock besides the obvious piece. Bubbles from skimmer breaking in again. Threw in a hint a brine to start the process off.

Photo0172.jpg

Photo0171.jpg

Photo0170.jpg

Ooooh bare bottom. I like the idea of the bottom never collecting any nasties, but I would never be able to do it... I like the look of sand, lol looks more like the ocean :)

Okay I promise last up date until the tank really starts kicking. :D Just got the sand in the other day and installed another railing to clip the fan onto so i can run the halide without temp adjustment. Really hoping i wont need a chiller in the higher temp days. Tanks is hanging out at 76 and has been.

Photo0200.jpg

Adam and Crystal had been holding corals for me for months. Finally cycled the tank and added a couple pink zoas, aog mohawks, fruitloops, and blastos.

Just added them an hour ago so there still pissed at me.

Small update till i get too shopping =)

DSCN2805.jpg

DSCN2803.jpg

DSCN2801.jpg

DSCN2798.jpg

DSCN2793.jpg

Back