Western Marine Conference: Sacramento 4/21-23/06

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

mojoreef said:
Cool sherm I am here and just rented a hemi charger, hehehe. Im waiting.....

MIke
:shock: Man, it was enough knowing you guys were there...You really know how to hurt a guy..Mike tell me how fast it goes please.

Heh, my original post about CA driving was sort of an inside reference for Jetaero and myself. A while back in chat, I mentioned how I drive 70K miles per year, all at 80MPH and about 12 feet behind the car in front of me. In CA, you don't leave a full car length in front of you, or someone will take it. Jet said it scared him, or something girly. :)

So, what? Nobody wants to ride in my stock Toyota truck? Geez! Thanks for stealing all my thunder, Mojo!

Alright, enough banter. I gotta pack!

Well Ed I got lost coming out of the airport and ended up on a dike road I think on the sacramento river?? I am not sure how fast this thing goes but it does go over a 100, hehe

Mike

It's probably limited to 125. A friend has the Magnum (wagon) with the Hemi. It was limited to 125, we tested it. :)

Vrrrrrrrrrrrroooooom.....Vrooooooom.....vroooom...

mojoreef said:
Well Ed I got lost coming out of the airport and ended up on a dike road I think on the sacramento river?? I am not sure how fast this thing goes but it does go over a 100, hehe

Mike
Woo Hooooooooooooooooooooooo! How bout some pix Big Guy? I want to see the car and Crew from Washington having a good time;) .
I bet you guys are. :)
Please tell us which speakers you really liked.
:)

I took some shots today, will try to get more tomorrow when I have the camera more available. We had a nice dinner with Anthony and Adelaide tonight. Tomorrow's (Saturday's) speakers include Eric B, Sanjay, Scott Michaels, Mike Paletta ... and the list goes on. SHould be a fun day.

Likewise for both of you! And another public "Thank you" for the community you've started here.

The speakers were great. I'd never heard Calfo speak before... a little less caffeine would be good. :D

I can't even imagine the emotional struggle Borneman is dealing with right now, and it was interesting to see his topic "Passing the torch," as if to say "I can't keep doing this forever, we need you guys to step up."

Scott Michaels knows Latin names for fish better than anyone should ever be allowed to know. I loved seeing so many fish I'd never seen before that are so apparently appropriate.

David Cripe's jelly talk... I need to get back to the Monterey Bay Aquarium again. Soon.

Fenner, he's a wild man! :D

Thanks again, and it's always nice to put a face to a name.

Today was great! I missed you by 20 minutes Chuck, but I had a great time hanging out with you today Mike! Truely an awesome conference, I had a great time!

-Josh-:cool:

Rich

Nice event. I enjoyed the great speakers, the friendliness of your event committee, your flexibility, and of course Bob Fenner is just plain fun to be around :)

I never did see Anthony model the thong while I was there, did I miss it????

I will try and post the pictures I took in the next day or so.

jetaero said:
Today was great! I missed you by 20 minutes Chuck, but I had a great time hanging out with you today Mike! Truely an awesome conference, I had a great time!

-Josh-:cool:

Yah, Sunday was the day where I relaxed with a bit of breakfast before the vendor doors were even open. I ducked in there for about 5 minutes and then had to go check out and catch a shuttle. Sorry I missed you. I am sure Mike kept you plenty entertained.

Hey Mike, did you grab our banner???

I toted the camera around for a while, but that got old. I only took about a dozen or two shots.

Here's where speakers gave their presentations. There was a screen like this one each side of the speaker.

lecture+room.jpg

The vendor hall had a nice variety. Here's a funky stitched shot. I didn't take either of these photos with the intent to stitch. As I opened them, I realized it was probably just as easy to post them like this. This is about half the room, with Chuck and Mike right at the entrance door! Just as you probably suspected, they aren't actual people, just names on screen, so this is all anyone ever saw of them. :) (j/k)

vendorhall.jpg

The two coolest exhibit/vendors were the extraordinarily pricey Jelliquarium:

jelliquarium.jpg

jelliquarium2.jpg

And my favorite, Mermaid Aquarium's Zero-Edge tank, filled with Shinies!

mermaid1.jpg

mermaid2.jpg

mermaid3.jpg

Back