What’s the best aquarium controller for the $$
I was thinking of the
ReefKeeper 2
Or
Aqua Controller II
Any one have any feedback on these or any others
Thanks
Ken

It really depends on what you want to do with the controller. If you don't want to use the ORP probe then the Reefkeeper II is probably just fine. I like the Aquacontrollers because they have been on the marker longer and have been through the trial and error process. The reefkeeper is still relatively new, but is getting good reviews...as did the first gen version.

Thanks
Ok
Controllers or ozone for dummies
What’s the + & - on using ozone
As far as the ORP probe, isn’t that for controlling an ozone generator?
I hear conflicting opinions on the use of ozone
Helps with the clarity of the water, increases skimmer output
Makes plastic brittle and cloudy, sterilizes the water
I am not sure what to think
Ken

I had the ReefKeeper the first generation and it was nice but I really like my Aquacontroller Junior much better. It's more controllable as it has a simple programming language that you can use to control each of the ports. The ReefKeeper was very limited in it's adaptability. So I would go for the Aquacontroller Junior. Also you can control more things with it than the RK. RK is 8 outlets and the AQ Junior is up to 12.

I am hearing Great Reviews from the Aquatronica as well... There is some positives and Negatives with all controllers..

What It boils down to me is what features do you really want and what Is most important to you... Me I want Web Access and Computer controll as well as a programming lang that pretty much lets you do anything you desire... The Reefkeeper to me sounds like a very Expensive lighting/Temp backup unit... But thats my opinion...

I think with the Aquacontroller II you would probably like the Features and benifits over the Reefkeeper..

James

James - that is a good analogy to describe the ReefKeeper. It is just a expensive lighting timer and heater control. Hopefully the second generation allows more flexibility but I asked them if they had a programming language and they said no therefore that would limit control.

I was just more Trying to Describe my Initial thoughts of It... I am stuck between controllers myself.. While the Aquatronica is a sweet controller Its lacking a few features right now that I want... I hear they are in the works though...

While the Ac3 finally came out with a stripped down version of the Pro model.. Smaller Screen, No DO and conductivity probes It makes it a bit cheaper... The reason I am leaning now towards the Ac 3 for my future controller is the Built in Ethernet port and the Built in Webserver... Both are features I have to have... Well want but we all know when you want something you gotta have it.. LOL...

I believe The Aquatronica is not X10 compatible which I want to Use X10 since I dont have to worry about power bars... But I could live with both... I have to go locally and check out a friends aquatronica in person but he really likes the Units over the Neptunes... To me bottom line is price and performance and still be able to do what I want... with minimal cost... I will probably be researching for some time to come on controllers.. I was dead set on the Aquatronica until Neptune Released the non pro model of the AC3.. Now Im confused and will have to see both in person..

James

Back