what are all the symboitic pairs?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Jonathan G.

well i know the clown and anemone thats a given... now i dont know if the term symbiotic pairs relates to this next one but i cant think of the real name. but i know there is a gobie that pairs up with pistol shrimp, i wanna say the yellow watchman but im not for sure. anyways anyone have any suggestions or input on this topic?

I have a big Whitemouth Moray (Gymnothorax meleagris). In the wild, they have symbiotic relationships with the Marine Betta (Sea Comet).

From what I've read, these 2 will live in the same cave. When a predator comes along, the Comet will spread it's fins and push it's body against the Moray. The predator cant tell the difference between the fish and the eel.

I've been thinking about buying one of these fish, for my eel, when I move everyone to a 240gal. and leave the eel in my 200gal. by itself.

Here's a pic of my eel....and a pic, that I found online, of the Comet.

oh yea my lfs has one of those fish but its called a sea betta pretty neat looking fish, dont know how big they get but the one i saw was about 4-5in

Yeah, Sea Betta is another name for them. They usually max out at around 12" - 13".

They're expensive little buggers too....$100 for little 3" specimens (that's the price in Chicago anyway).

Back