what are some good monitoring systems?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

That is really what it comes down to...what is best for one person is not necessarily the best for another. There are so many variables that it actually makes it difficult sometimes. Some of the comparisons between manufacturers crack me up as well. A lot of the things that one person will say is better than another can be so irrelevant. For instance, the Apex can address 264 modules and the RKE can address 63. Who cares? Who in their right mind would need even half that number and keep it all on one head unit? I know I wouldn't. But again, that's just me. There are some elements of the Profilux system that I do not like. There are some elements of the DA system that I do not like. And yes, there are some elements of the Apex I do not like. I chose the one that did what I needed it to do and it has been great for me ever since then. (That would be an RKE)

Well said Dave. You know the RKE is the only controller I've not tried yet it has pretty much always had an attractive price point. I've just never had anyone local who owned one and I like to be able to think "collectively" especially when I run into a problem with my unit and all of my online forum buddies aren't online LOL!

Back