What are some signs of when a toadstool is going to die?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

happyface888

I have a toadstool that I put in a container to let it attach to a rock its been about a week and it looks attached but has this slime coat on it. Is it still alive?

I also have one more question do kenya tree corals like a good amount of flow? Just recently upgraded my ph from a mj1200 to a k3 and the kenya tree doesnt seem to open as much,.

Almost impossible to kill kenya tree coral. The more current on it the bushier it will get, then portions will break off and you will have so many you can't give it away. Give it time and it will open up.

Put a light current on the toadstool. Sometimes they can stay closed for a week or two so I wouldn't sweat it.

wow are kenyas that tough mine is all shrivelled up after the new powerhead with the new flow..

My Kenya's always seemed to open up furthest in a lower flow... that is, when the tree is slowly waving back and forth.

As was mentioned above, I don't think it's possible to kill Kenya...lol. Mine is directly in front of a weak power head. It regularly drops branches that become their own colony. Every once in awhile, I have to go through my whole tank picking out the Kenyas that have scattered themselves throughout my entire tank.

Back