What camera do you use?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

LOL about the candy store....I guess most of us can relate that to the fish stores, too. Can't wait to see your lens in action.

LOL I currently use a Kodak DC3200 1 Megapixel camera. It's from the stone age lol, but it works. I will/am shopping for a new camera. Still researching though...

- Elmo

Man, those pictures are gorgeous Dave.

I always get jealous whenever I see 10D/Rebel/1D pictures with that awesome bokeh and depth of field in macros.

-Dylan

Llarian,
I can only wish for a 10D.
I have the Rebel 300D :D

Elmo I still have my Kodak 2 meg camera hanging around.

-Dave

Barnacle Dave said:
Llarian,
I can only wish for a 10D.
I have the Rebel 300D :D

Elmo I still have my Kodak 2 meg camera hanging around.

-Dave

Honestly, the primary difference between the 10D and 300D is the build quality. There's a few features in the 10D that the 300D lacks, but they're fairly minimal. I'm told the 10D has slightly better long exposures. But in essence, they're the same image sensor, and the same lens mount, with slightly different firmware. For all intents and purposes, the 10D is a 300D with a metal body.

-Dylan

I love the Canon digital camera you can change lens on. The best part is actually seeing the picture. I do more deleting right now than saving. Practice makes perfect ya know :D
Any help here would be nice.

Thanks All
Dave

Barnacle Dave said:
I love the Canon digital camera you can change lens on. The best part is actually seeing the picture. I do more deleting right now than saving. Practice makes perfect ya know :D
Any help here would be nice.

Thanks All
Dave

As you said, practice makes perfect. =)

After a while you get to where you save a lot more than delete. I tend to get about 3 good ones for every 4 I take now, but it took me a few years with this camera to get there.

My biggest suggestion would be to make sure you can use aperatue and shutter manually if you need to, and know how they work. Everything else is just trial and error.

I'll post something on aperature and shutter basics before too long for anybody here who's unfamiliar with them.

-Dylan

I absolutely love Canon digitals for aquarium subjects (Nikon for overall use).

The majority of digital pics taken for the "Reef Invertebrates" book were actually shot with "old" (by modern standards of the electronics market - measured in months/years) Canon G2's with remote flashes. They really are great, affordable cameras that can obviosly capture print quality images.
BTW - I'm still using tyhe Canon G series for NMA vol 2 :)

Anthony

Yes my wife still has her G2.
I would take the Canon over a Nikon any time these days. Canon has better lenes and more options for other lenes. IMO better images. Nikon seems to have been left in the dust the last couple of years when comparing the professional digital camera.

Tsadik - Welcome to Reef Frontiers!!! Hope you enjoy the site!

Thank you very much for the warm welcoming me to the community of reeffrontiers.
I can tell you right now I'll enjoy it

I still have the Canon digital rebel or the 300D outside the USA.
I love this camera but wish I would have waited just a tad longer to get the 20D.

I use my wife's Canon G6 but I can only take pictures in auto mode because don't know how to use the other the 100+ things on it! :D

I have a cannon digital rebel, with the regular lense, and a 70-300mm Telephoto lense, it makes very nice moon shots.

'Nother newbie here. I have a nikon coolpix 990. Takes great point an shoots, landscapes and flash shots. I have a hard time with it at night or low light situations. I took some good photos of the fishies a while back, but have since changed computers and haven't played with photos on this one much yet. I need to take a photo of my sicky angel and get some advice!

Back