What can hold its own with a damsel?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

bicolor psuedochromis. I personally prefer lionfish. They swallow them whole. I do have to say that I have one good damsel, but I have had it forever. LOL Any of the psuedos will be fine. They are hatefull too.

I was going to say just borrow one of todd's lions for a week or 2, and that should take care of the little bugger! You wanna borrow my fish trap :D

most dwarf angels can usually hold their own...yellow tangs also in my experience prove formitable opponants for damsels...

MikeS

bradreef said:
a big enough clown should hold it's own against almost any fish.

This is differs for each individual. However, the clarkii, maroons, and the bigger types of the clarkii complex should be able to. The constant bickering may just put too much overall stress.

- Elmo

Hey Tom,

Be very very careful here, this is my little baby brother. Who just happens to be twelve years younger than myself, stands at 6' 4" and weighs in at oh, 240ish.

Oh yeah, I still can out run him! :D

I have a sixline wrasse, coral beauty angel and lawnmower blenny with my two yellow-tailed blue damsels. They all seem happy together, but I think I'm lucky with those two damsels.

yeah, i've got a yellow tailed blue damsel also. it was the first fish that i bought when i was cycling my tank. it's a real mellow fish, never had a single problem with it. i thought that i was just lucky with that little guy, but i've read that they tend to be about the friendliest of the damsels.

Well as it turns out I might be getting special funding from my school (1000-2000) to set up a system, so in the end I might just be tearing it down anyways. But I really like the flame angel fish. I just find its coloring stunning. :idea: :)

My experience has been with yellow tailed blues that they are usually OK with anything that was in the tank previous to their introduction but tend to be very territorial towards new arrivals irrespective of size

May be good idea to remove damsel until flame settles and then re introduce

I have done similar as my yellow tail was constantly aggitating my lawn mower blennie and my Xanthurus tang as they both went in after he did

Steve

Back