What Can Live W/ PC's?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Jiddy

Have a 90g (48x18x24) with Coralife 48' 65Wx4 (i know it aint MH) and was curious what i could keep alive, its a newbie tank so i had to skip on the big bad MH's. Just curious on what i can raise with PC's

you are very limited by your lighting choice. 4 95 watt pc is the least that you wanted to go

I run 4x96 watt pc's over my 135 gallon, and for years have kept assorted SPS, LPS, softies, shrooms, zoos, so basically anything will make it. No its not MH, but not all SPS need or like getting blasted by 8 gigawatts of nuclear lighting.

Check out www.ahsupply.com for good bulb and retro kit pricing.

I like to run 2 of the 10K bulbs, and 2 of the 50/50 10K/03 actinic combo bulbs.

You'll have to put the SPS right up at the top of the tank right under the bulbs, but they'll do fine.

I'm in the same situation, i bought a 48" 4x96 watt orbit right before they came out with the orbit extreme. I wish i'd have waited 2 months before i bought it... Oh well, i can always get the majority of my money back, some people like orbits alot, others dont...

I have a 55 with 260watts of pc. I have stuff growing everywhere. From shrooms to leathers to zoo's and even a montipora foliosa. Placement of the coral is critical. But everything is growing fine under my pc's.

I have 4 96 watt pc with monti, acro, lps, and anemone growing. The live rock stack is very important. Get it as high as you can. Mine is in a 75 so the depth is less and from measuring my acro, monti, and anemone are 6-8" from the lights. Hope that helps. Steve

Back