What causes cloudy eyes on saltwater fish?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

253 FISH

I have a healthy naso tang he just recoverd from marine ich but now i see his eyes are a little bit cloudy.

i wanted to know if thats normal or is it a parasite

he eats well and is big and not skinny just his eyes are cloudy

let me know what i can do to help him out thanks

try and use garlic power by brightwell aquatics. i have also just had ich and my naso had same problem. after the use of the garlic. it is all gone. hope this help.

Cloudy eyes are usually cuased by poor water quality. I would try doing a few good water changes and then run some tests on ammonia and nitrates and nitrites.

poor water quality, but since it just got over ich, I would say it might be a secondary bacterial infection..

ok thanks for the help
i do keep high water quality nitrates,nitrites,ammonia, all are low i put the tang in a qt for alittle bit
he got rid of the ich but then i started to see his eyes cloudy but their starting to go away slowly but hes getting better

also i was wondering how to tell when a naso tang is a female/male

I have a large naso. The males have lyres on there tails. They dont show up till the fish gets to about 6" or a lil bigger. Heres my naso. Bad picture sorry. Best i can get with my phone. You can see his lyres on the top and bottom of his tail. Like streamers. Females dont have these.

Back