What corals do you have that've spawned?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

The Claw said:
As promised, here is an updated photo from a year later of my little daughter colonies. As you can see in the photo, one has disconnected itself and has settled nearby. I opted to let them go naturally instead of forcing the breaks.
6e9de904.jpg

Man that is awesome. From the ashes arise a new people! In your case new corals. You going to be trading or selling soon?

Great photos all and very inspiring! My mushrooms continue to spread by asexual division at very close proximity, and also by budding and creating remote clones.

Great information all! :D

Anthony, you are one smart MF. Gees, two bad you didnt have a port in the back of your head so i can plug in and download your vast reef/aquaria knowledge. thanks for the valuable info. was thinkin of cutting my toadstool but not anymore.

dont put down that scalpel yet :p Many (most in fact) Sarcophytons are quite friendly to being cut to make divsions (versus waiting for natural strategies of budding/fission or planulation). Sarcophyton in commercial scale culture is one of the few genera that can actually be reproduced faster (at this time) by imposed fragmentaion than even the best natural strategies. The cycle of harvest for them (time it takes to double ones colony) is a matter of mere weeks (4-12 for many species). I say cut away with this one unless it is a green or yellow S. elegans (rather sensitive).

Anthony :)

I dont know if you will consider this spawning, but maybe natural splitting of a frilly mushroom.

PA052795_800.jpg

Please post pictures or tell of corals that have spawned in your aquarium.

Here's one of mine:
Catalaphyllia jardinei

Regards,
Kevin
25elegance-eggs-med.JPG

Is there any way you can repost this pic? All I get is a red X. I have searched your gallery and can't find it. I would really love to see this pic. Thanks.

Last edited:
Elegance Coral - Welcome to Reef Frontiers!!!

I'll send Kevinpo a PM and ask him to post up the pic if he still has it.

Thanks for taking the time to post those pics. And, WOW! I have been keeping ELegance corals for about 18 years and have never seen this before. Truely incredible! I am just amazed!

Back