What do you feed your zoos...

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

So they really do not need anything other than light?

I feed them with light.

emetoo.gif

Almost all corals get the majority of their energy from light. If you have fish in your tank that you feed, the fish poop and left over foods also are filtered out by corals. The only time I think feeding corals is absolutely needed is in a tank that's very efficiently skimmed and has NO fish at all, with the exception of Non photosynthetic corals. That being said, I do feed my corals on a regular basis...lol. I feed frozen BBS, frozen Mysid Shrimp and Frozen formula 1 on a regular basis. I also feed phyto to the tank once in awhile for the clams and SPS. I'm still undecided if feeding the phyto is doing more to add phosphates and nitrates to the tank that it's actually doing for the clams and SPS.

I target feed just about everything Coral Frenzy, Cyclopseeze, and/or PhycoPure - Plus what I feed my fish (frozen Emerald Green, Marine Cuisine, krill, Prime - or flake or pellets). I mix it up to give the fish and corals a wide variety. Additionally, I use Vita Chem to soak the food prior to feeding.

My skimmer - like most, is over rated for my tank 120gal, sump is 40gal, my 20gal fuge has plenty of mangroves, etc., and I do weekly water changes - 30 to 35%. My water stays pristine and everything in my tank grows like crazy - easily 1/3 more than what is considered normal growth rate compared to others in our local club.

I have a 55 with softies and a 125 swim tank.

The mom in me just has to feed everything!

Back