What do you guys think?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

PickledFish

DONT MESS WITH TEXAS!
54corner0sj.jpg

YEAH! someone else from Moscow! I don't think I have had the pleasure of saying hi yet.
You have a very cool looking tank, it makes me jealous.

Tim

Tanks been set-up a little over a year! I just purcashed several destressed corals from sharks reef (ones in the middle). I'm happy with it. Any critiques? Hey moortim checkout the site in my sig and get active in our local club!!!!

Oh, scooter, it's not a cube, its a 54g corner tank!

Last edited:
PickledFish said:
Hey moortim checkout the site in my sig and get active in our local club!!!!

I keep trying to but I work full time and go to school full time so that takes most of the year. During the summer I become a mountain goat so I am rarely seen in town. I'll get there sometime though.

Tim

way to go Pickled, now i gotta go to wallmart and get those plastic corals,sheesh. if it wasnt for you people and your excellant work i would really have shucked all this and taken up knitting or something, thanks for the peek, steve

wow, that is one clean tank, simply amazing, awesome job on the tank pickledfish. got any more pictures of the setup (eg. sump)?

josh

Here's a picture of my sump. The sump is a 15L partioned in several different places. Basically the drain dump into the sump, spills over the inner baffels, half the water goes back to the return and the other half feeds into the protein skimmer chamber. The protein skimmer return pumps the water from the skimmer chamber into the fuge. After the fuge the water flows through a 1/2inch bulkhead back to the return. It's an oaky design but i think the inner baffles are to close togther, this is a problem because the water comming from the drain moves over the baffles to quick, which makes it difficult for baffle to pop all the air bubbles before they reach the return. I'm going to fix it eventually. all I need to do is move the inner baffles farther away.

Funny you'd mention that. I had the Copperbanded for 3 days, Unfortuneatly he died. I just couldn't get him to eat!

Back