what do you recommend

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

bighitrider45

clown fish
so i have about 60 bucks right now, I have a 20 gallon tank (long) with about 15 lbs. of live rock and 2 T5 lights (1 strip) and a prism protein skimmer, so heres my question, would it be better if i got live rock first or more lgihting first, I wont be getting any money for another 3 weeks (startign new job)

hmmm for 60 bucks .....i'd go get more live rock and start curing it ... later i'd get more light unless it costs less than 60 :confused: :p ( may be the bulbs ) .... just my opinion dood.

yeah, but im having trouble finding cheap live rock lol

have you asked in the live stock forum dood? may be someone can give you a decent deal or ask about a decent deal about lights too :) .

yeah, i know what light i can get for 50 brand new, its an aquaclear T5 or somthing aqua somthing im not sure exactly but i have a softy tank so it would work fine

Hah! I'd vote for the rock, honestly. New, curing rock doesn't need the lights, anyway. Once it's cured and has some corals, you'll need the light THEN.

I would go with the rock also, just my opinion. It would be nice to get a head start on your cycle

I say the rocks as well...You want all the rock you will keep from the beginning (if you can) to get it all cured one time to prevent the tank from going through any future cycles with adding in new rock. Lighting is easy to come by...The lower lighting now will help promote some nice coraline growth:)

i already have a 20 gallon tank up and running, its been about 4 weeks, not including cycle, so i already have a light and rock but i would like more of both

Back