what do you think these are worth?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

chris&barb

Reef-Geeks
we started breeding a. polymnus a few months ago and have babies that are just about ready to go. we have no idea what a fair price for them is.

from all the research we have done it seems that we are the only people to have successfully done this,should this play into the price?

heres a photo of them, common name is saddleback clown, brown variant

img1931lq1.jpg

thanks for the link. i know that the wild ones go for about $15 to $20 but these are homegrown :)

just trying to figure out what a fair price is for a species that is rarely aquacultured

They are really nice, love the carpet anem. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Good luck selling them.

ORA captively breeds these and supplies them to petstores... I think in stores they sell for 19.99 retail.

thanks for the suggestions. ive been looking on-line for 2 or 3 months and have never seen these for sale listed as captive breed. i know ORA says they do it but where are they?

i think $25 is a good starting point

thanks for the suggestions. ive been looking on-line for 2 or 3 months and have never seen these for sale listed as captive breed. i know ORA says they do it but where are they?

i think $25 is a good starting point

I doubt many private individuals have done it, you're correct.

Are you asking where they're located? They're in Florida... From their site"The ORA hatchery complex is located at Harbor Branch Oceanographic Institution (HBOI) in Ft. Pierce, Florida."

Back