what do you think?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Yes it is!
picture looks like it is on the sand bed. Thought they didn't do well on the sand bed, and needed to attach to a rock? (i might have enough light to put one on the sand bed, but I KNOW I definitely don't have a spot in the rocks.. so I was ruling one out because of that)

It seems to be doing fine, when I got it there where flatworms all over it so I did a freshwater dip, then put it in my nano that has weak lights, next day I got some flatworm exit and did a dip in that. Put it in my DT on the sand bed and it moved a few inches and looks happy now. Even in the nano it was in good shape and fully open. I think the key is to get a larger clam because they are tougher.

cool, i'll take a look back at my clam research. i've been searching a blue spot squammy because of the lower light requirement along with the sand bed. if the maximas really are ok in the sand bed, maybe i'll re-evaluate

new wrasse i got and a rainbow scan i picked up at the frag swap!
IMG_1618+-+Version+2.jpg

IMG_1460+-+Version+2.jpg

it is an acan, under regular lights its not that bright but i had to get a pic of it in the cup it came in. its the first rainbow acan that i got.

I got them from the stand right next to them at the frag swap, I got a different one drone zoanthids.com

Wow...great photos! I have a hard time shooting through acrylic. I get decent shots of things closer to the front, but anything more than a foot back is blurry no matter what I do.

Wow...great photos! I have a hard time shooting through acrylic. I get decent shots of things closer to the front, but anything more than a foot back is blurry no matter what I do.

I have the same issue, I noticed a tripod helps a lot and also keeping the lens close and parallel to the acrylic.

i cheat and use this, and i still have trouble getting decent pics. waterproof to 20 feet.

I've been wanting to get one of these so I can get too down pics but they are sold out of the size I want.
qavuvymy.jpg

That means you picked it up from me! Great pictures! I really need to get a good camera.

I got them from the stand right next to them at the frag swap, I got a different one drone zoanthids.com

Sent from my SGH-T779 using Tapatalk

some quick photos, figured out that if you put a blue plastic or glass bottle in front of the flash you can take pictures under blue leds.
IMG_7285+-+Version+2.JPG

IMG_7294+-+Version+2.JPG

IMG_7299.JPG

IMG_7363+-+Version+2.JPG

IMG_1806.jpg

IMG_7273+-+Version+2.JPG

IMG_1727.jpg

Back