What eats asterina stars?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Faciosity

reefer
I'm starting to see more and more of these guys on my rock. I've had them forever, but they just recently started to increase in numbers quickly. Harlequin shrimp would do it right? I see them climbing on or between corals sometimes and it doesn't seem like they are harming or eating them, but cause irritation to some of the smaller zoas and lps are really making me mad!

yup harlequins....if u dont get attached to shrimps,buy harleys and let them eat all asterinas then resell later..otherwise once all asterinas are gone u will have to buy choco starfish just to feed them which gets expensive:D

Dude harley all the way. But don't have any desirable starfish in the tank when you add him

I have a large brittle star that I've kept since my very first setup. Will he be on the menu? My brittle is very cool, and will beg for food and take it from your hand. Must be at least 13-14" from tip to tip fully extended.

Wish I would have known that when I got my harley.....had to tear tank apart to get serpant star out.

I had one of those....didn't seem to eat the astrina's....at least not like the Harley anyway.

I have had a huge problem with them killing my zoos. They are irritating them so bad that they are always closed and a lot of them have shriveled up and detached themselves. I actually just today started plucking them out.

Back