What fish next?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

dtd87

Well the tank cycled for 2 months and it's been a little over a month since everything else has been re added into the tank. So I figure it's safe to get another fish. The question is which one..

My current livestock is
a false perc clown (mean little bastard)
royal gramma
purpe firefish

about 10 nassarius snails
10 astrea snails
a xl cleaner shrimp.

So what do you guys think I should add? The display is a 50gallon breeder(36L x 18w x h19 with a 20L refugium. The total water volume of the system is about 75g.

I think I'd like an emerald crab.. but thats it so far.. Not sure if I should get a dwarf angel or whatever to be the center piece. ANY feed back is welcome :D

We really enjoy the personality of our Flame Hawk. I would only recommend a Flame Angel or Bi-color if it came from another reefers tank and you know it doesn't nip at corals. Ours is great but we got it from someone that had it for a while. Midas Blennies are cool looking fish and have great character as well.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

We really enjoy the personality of our Flame Hawk. I would only recommend a Flame Angel or Bi-color if it came from another reefers tank and you know it doesn't nip at corals. Ours is great but we got it from someone that had it for a while. Midas Blennies are cool looking fish and have great character as well.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Eric, You don't think the tank is to small for a fish that gets potentially 6 inches long?

I really enjoy watching the Coral Beauty angel in my tank. They don't get very big as they are a dwarf angel, like the flame angel. They are supposed to be the least likely to nip at coral as well. I have not witnessed mine behaving badly, i have quite a bit of sps in my tank, as well as a clam, several lps, and some zoos. The Coral Beauty is also not very expensive.

I would get a wrasse. Either something like a Christmas or Melanarus(though they may eat your inverts) or a Fairy wrasse of some kind(there are tons of choices here). A Mccoskers wrasse would be a great choice as long as you have your tank covered.

I ended up with a pair of pajama cardinals. I may get a fairy wrasse again sometime but my tank isn't covered so yeah.. I've already lost one to a jumping incident.

to solve the jumping of fairy wrasses, place an eggcrate sheet on top of the tank..

Back