What fish would you guys put in a 45 cube?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Thought I'd share pics of my pipefishies enjoy! Notice the royal gamma tail to the left in the pic of the banded pipefish.
dragonface.jpg

bandedpipefish.jpg

Cool pipefish, so do you only have one of each?
THANKS! 2 dragonface and 1 Banded. I'm probably going to get another banded especially with Barrier's sale coming up. I see the two dragonface hang out all the time together.

Do you know if you have a male & female dragonface? I read that the males have more brilliant colors on them, but wasn't sure if that's a true ID to sex them.

Hmmmmmm..... I do see that one is a lot more brownish than the other. It would be cool if I had little pipefish babies floating around one day.

I vote clowns, its true every sw tank needs some clowns! If you had sand I would say pearly jawfish or diamond goby.

I would get a dwarf angel, Potter's are awesome! Rusty angels are pretty nice as well and less common than a CB or Flame angel.

You could get away with a small YT for like a year or two, but you'd have to switch him out for another smaller one later.

"baby"? How do you get a baby one of either of those? What does "baby" mean for that matter?

I'm assuming youre talking about my post because that's the only one I see that mentions "babies" on the page. Pipefish babies are made when a male and a female pipefish get freaky deaky and produce babies much like seahorses do. The male carries the young then shoots them out of their bellies once they are ready.

Back