Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Natural sunlight

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (explain)

Votes: 3 6.4%

• Total voters

Krish

RF STAFF
We've had a poll already on what type of lighting you use (VHO's, Metal Halide, PC's, L.E.D's etc) and even one on which reflector you use, but none on what you use to house your lighting so let's get the ball rolling on what houses your lighting! :)

I have a open top hood. more of just a frame with skin on the sides!
whithin is two lumenbright pendants/reflectors
and 4 retro T-5 bulbs!

Last edited:
So what would you put that under?? Do I need to add some more options?? Let me know so I can add them in the poll. For now, I will put "other" as an option. :)

LOL!! Well, just added one more option seeing a member here did do the natural sunlight option. Doubt anyone else is doing the same thing, but added it anyways. :)

mines a smoke acrylic fixture I made since I couldn't find any lights small enough to retrofit with LEDs

lightlcdthumb.jpg

I have a Corallife Aqualight Pro 250w HQI with actinics....if that matters.

So far by a little more than half of the members here use a fixture. I honestly thought the retro kits would have been more popular. :)

So far by a little more than half of the members here use a fixture. I honestly thought the retro kits would have been more popular. :)

????its like 20 to 6:badgrin:......I too would have thought that retro's would be leading....:eek:

I am starting to like you more and more.

3 PFO hoods

Back at ya buddy :)

Unfortunately, lighting has gone the way of skimmers. Cheaper to buy a ready made then a retro kit. Not that this is a bad thing, some of the skimmers made today are really awesome, and so are the lighting units.
It just takes the fun out of being a hobbyist.
Here is a lighting setup I made a few years back for another system I had running:
Two of the original Lumenbright retro reflectors and a retro T5 setup for color supplementing. Eventually I ended up installing reflectors for the T5's.
You can just see the DIY LED moon light nibs, 4 in the back and 4 up front.
I still get into making those. It is fun doing the soldering and figuring out which bulb and resistor to use for what look.
000_1634_edited.jpg
000_1652_edited.jpg

Last edited:
i have a 250w MH, 4x39w T5, 14w LED combo and could not be more happy, way over kill but got a great deal on it!! hangs from my celling

Back