What is going on with my torch coral?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

jfingers8

I have a 90 gallon reef tank that has been setup for 8 months. My levels are sg 1.026, temp 78-80, nitrates ammonia 0, cal 400, alk 3.0. I have t-5 lighting. Corals i have candy cane, frogspawn, bubble, 4 rics, zoos, gsp, lobo brain and my torch. I've had my torch for about 4 months now and i started out with 6 heads 3 have died and now there is another one starting to go. All the heads started out fine then one started dieing and i thought it was dieing because it was over shadowed a bit by the other heads but then when that one died another one started to close and that one eventually died and then another. I'm down to 3 heads 2 of them are doing really good and now i got another one started to close up its a chain reaction i can't figure out what is going out can someone please help me? I don't have any fish that bother my corals either.

Did you bump the piece at all and damage the heads? Is there any kind of jelly type stuff on the heads that die? How much current do you have on them?

Back