what is it here,,,

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I used Prazi Pro. This was very early on in the AEFW process...I had been told it would work on the AEFW's. I didnt notice any effect on them, but it did kill off other stuff which I suspect in turn seriously spiked my water quality in my Qt tank.

Everything was fine for 3 days, then I came home and everything had RTN'd.

:rolleyes:

Nick

I agree with Maxx that the AEFWs dont eat, or live on anything but acros and milles. My tank has had them for over a year and not one of my stylophoras pocillopras, monits, LPS etc, have ever had one AEFW on them to my knowledge. If there was a large bloom then the juveniles may temporarily live on one of the above listed non-acro corals for a short time but if they dont eat they'll starve. They would move on rather than infest a monti or such.

Thats good to know Duane! All I know is that when I treated my Setosa and rainbow monti there were some that detatched from the corals, but not as much as the millies and acros.

Thats good to know Duane! All I know is that when I treated my Setosa and rainbow monti there were some that detatched from the corals, but not as much as the millies and acros.
Your tank must have been over loaded with them..:eek:

Hi Dang, how are your acroporas and montiporas?

I would monitor them closely.

How are your tanks, otherwise?

Best,
Ilham

i know what them are..

there called flukes a worm that comes from LR and you can somtimes find them under the scales of fish if not treated will kill the fish burrow in the the eyes and such. as for corals no real bother but they breed like roachs not a good thing.. parasitic worm

Last edited:
Hi Dang, how are your acroporas and montiporas?

I would monitor them closely.

How are your tanks, otherwise?

Best,
Ilham
i have no issue at all every thing in my tank grows like mad,,no sign of acro eaten by any thing,,here it is my full tank shot 3 days ago.

sept3.jpg

there called flukes a worm that comes from LR and you can somtimes find them under the scales of fish if not treated will kill the fish burrow in the the eyes and such. as for corals no real bother but they breed like roachs not a good thing.. parasitic worm

thanks for the info ,,you know any fish eat this flukes worm?

Dang - those look like Acro Eating Flatworms to me. Great shot in the last photo you posted. I tried treatment with Levamisole, but lost the colonies in QT. The problem with these guys is their egg colonies. When I did my treatment, there wasn't any information on the gestation period of the eggs. I would find really tiny AEFWs, so I figured those were newly hatched. Here is a thread for you, with some other links in the posts:AEFW. I'm not sure if there is a fish found to eat the AEFWs, at least not to the point to keep them in check. These guys are nearly invisible on a coral! Let us know how it goes, Dang!

i have no issue at all every thing in my tank grows like mad,,no sign of acro eaten by any thing,,here it is my full tank shot 3 days ago.

One of the signs to look for is tiny oval spots of missing tissue, often lower on the coral. They eat the tissue, not the skeleton. Have heard great things about melefix as a dip, could be tough with a large collections of established acros. Did that piece with the FlatWorms make it into the display?

no,not in display ,,that wild montrastrea piece ,,is in the frag tank ,, after iodine dip,never look so hot in the very beginning with ,,hopefully it make it through,,no more wild colony for me.period...

no,not in display ,,that wild montrastrea piece ,,is in the frag tank ,, after iodine dip,never look so hot in the very beginning with ,,hopefully it make it through,,no more wild colony for me.period...

Unfortunately, it isn't only wild colonies. You can get these from other folks and stores, whether it is a frag or colony you purchase.

those bugs i found from wild coral,i'd never had much luck with wild coral anyway either now or from the past,so leave them to where they belonged,,again just like we all said QT before displayed ,i am doing pest controlling to my new 300gals deep dimension,,i 'm trying to show off again this time with out pest,,see i can do it ,,,may the force be with me:D

Last edited:
i 'm trying to show off again this time with out pest,,see i can do it ,,,may the force be with me:D

May the force be with you Dang. If you can pull it off, alot of Seattle reefers will be knocking at your door begging for frags.
May the force be with me too. It seems we both have a little something haunting our tanks.............We both have alot of work ahead of us.:(

May the force be with you Dang. If you can pull it off, alot of Seattle reefers will be knocking at your door begging for frags.
May the force be with me too. It seems we both have a little something haunting our tanks.............We both have alot of work ahead of us.:(

yes,,,for sure:D:D

Back