What is the best online store for fish & inverts

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

idgy

Looking for a place online that sells TOP QUALITY fish and inverts. Also looking for a place with GREAT customer service as well.

Is there such a place?

You got it! "is there such a place" ugh, no! if the price don't get you the shipping will. depending on what you want check the "for sale" on the reef sites.

I use www.vividaquariums.com
Here is the deal. If I have two of three things I will always get business. I can be cheap and get business. Usually works ok and I have to work constantly to get new business as I lose old business.
I can have top quality and charge more. Works good and I usually get repeat business from a smaller clientel.
I can have great customer service and charge for it. Works good and I usually get repeat business.
Dave has great service and very high quality live stock. He gets my repeat business and refferals. Since I do setup, and maintence of reeftanks, he gets lots of business from me.
If you have seen the blueface angel that shows up at the top of the page on RF its from Vivid aquariums. His stuff is more expensive. I would rather buy one tang a 30 than 3 of them at 12. I like quality though.
All I can share is my experince.

I've purchased from Live Aquaria and Dr Mac and Son's...
Had great customer service from both and gotten good livestock from both.
Live Aquaria bent over backwards to make me happy and accomodated my hectic schedule with regards to shipping.

I wouldnt hesitate to order from either of them again.

Nick

i've only ordered online once and it was from Liveaquaria.com (Foster & Smiths). I t was a fish order (two Blue Tangs) both arrived healthy but i lost one after a month (had both tangs in a 75 with not many hiding spaces the one killed the other). The other one is over two years old and doing just fine. He eats like a horse, i can't keep up with him. Great customer service.

Last edited:
Back