what is the coral of your desire? (pics please)

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

ok elmo this is what you get. small pic. look how much my Gomesi has colored up in the two weeks I have had it. SWC will have more next week.

This is the new blue coral. Fragfarmer.com. Reefermadness had these a few months ago with bright green polyps and the bluest color you can get.

Acropora Hoeksemai

MoJo, where would I get a frag of this?
41Montipora_monasteriata.jpg

Brad, I have one of those hoek's. The color is unbelievable but they are extremely hard to photogragh. No photo that I have seen does them justice.

Yes, I've known Mike since I was a mere child. :badgrin: He's the best there is as far as a friend.

I'm still learning from him too. ;)

Hiya Jackson and welcome aboard.

They are a tough one to frag as the are a massive coral. I have seen them here and their but never with the color as above. Mine came in with a light brown polyps and light pink ridges. It took a whole to find the right spot for mixing of light to get the yellow polyps out. It is also one of those nutrient intolerant corals, you get a nutrient spike you get a brown coral, lol

Sue yes we were very young at the time, lol. I dont know anyone that is still not learning, thanks for the kind words

Mike

Thanks Mojo, I know what you mean about finding the right spot to color these montis up. I recieved a browned out frag of the red/blue danae and it took a lttle bit of moving around until all the polyps turned from light brown to red. I'm not really worried about nutrients since I no longer keep fish in my system and no feeding is required :) What is the name of that coral?

flip - that's a nice piece! Try a hammer and chisel on the rock to get rid of the mushroom.

Back