What is this pest???

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

akunochi

Mr. Reckless
mail

thanks.....came in on a frag from the swap. Lisa dipped and nothing happened but it retracts to contact...

It's not in my tank at the moment... I'm not quite sure what it is or how to get rid of it. I dipped it after I came home from the swap and it's still there...

DSCN0127.jpg

Thanks everyone for your input and a special thanks to Crystal for calling me and telling me! :)

It's not in my tank at the moment... I'm not quite sure what it is or how to get rid of it. I dipped it after I came home from the swap and it's still there...

DSCN0127.jpg

Yep spaghetti worms. That frag came from my tank. (I helped supply SAF with a few zoanthids and blastos). They are good scavengers, but can multiply pretty fast. They can irritate zoanthids and cause them to close, but overall they are pretty harmless. If you want to remove them, you can take the frag and swoosh-turn-twist it in a separate container of tank water until the worm falls off or even try to remove it with tweezers. It is just one worm not many. All those legs are attached to a plump little body.

They don't bother me or my system, so I don't remove them...

I hope you like the eagle eyes :)

Back