What is this?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Zerc

This thing is FAST! It looks like a slug, but it has a flat hard shell on top that you can see in the picture. Anyone know what this is?

img_4410.jpg

Someone should breed and sell these mother chuckers! *hint*hint to anyone lolI love these snails. Ud think we would see em for sale.D

I have bunches of them. Mine usually only show up at night on the glass. I have some that are pretty large. I think reef cleaners sells them sometimes. Mine just showed up one day

I have had some stomatellas in the past. They are the fastest snails I have ever seen in an aquarium.

I have a few on the liverock I picked up from saltwaternoobs. I can't wait to get them into my *new* tank.

I had noticed a few of these in the refugium before, I checked out the tank with a little LED flashlight I have and sure enough, they were all over an algae patch near the bottom of the tank I have a tough time cleaning. Totally one of the funnest parts to me about these types of tanks is the "where did that critter come from??" factor.

Zerc, do you have black sand in your tank? If anyone has an extra, I would be interested in them, unless they eat coral. :D

Back