What kind of anemone

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

mlawrencemsc

Ocellaris
What kind of anemone is this?
yhst-92298163281979_1870_1531026.jpg
[/IMG]

i'm not an expert here dood , but i think for me, it looks like a Heteractis crispa which is a Sebae anemone, i could be wrong though :).

Last edited:
well i just found out and it suppose to be a long tentacle anemone even though it looks to me like a Sebae anemone.

What color is the base or foot of the Anemone ? I would say Heteractis Malu or Sebae IMO it doesn't look like an LTA. The tentacles of the LTA are usually more spread out and the base is usually orange or red in color.

thanks dood :) it has given me a few scary moments but i still like it.
i think that if i was you and if you really want an anemone i'd firts check what your lfs has since you can see it in person and then go from there dood :).

A shot of the column will help.

LTA will have round verrucae underneath the outerparts of the anemone on the column. THey are the bumps.

Is it at a dealer? Or is this already in your home tank?

- Ilham

Looks to me like it might be either an H. magnifica, or an H.crispa like Gabriella said. Cant be sure w/o a pic of the base....but the fact the seller called it an Long Tentacled Anemone, leads me to think its probably H.crispa.

They're also called LTA's, but they are different from the Macrodactlya doreensis that are most usually LTA's. They arent as hardy as M.doreensis, but do bury their foot in substrate. It will host most types of clowns.
Needs excellent water quality and likes strong light...not too fond of heavy direct current.

edit...nice call Gabby

Nick

Back