What kind of test kits are being used?????

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Types of test kits????

• Total voters

balogh03

i am just wondering what the most recomended test kit is???? i have 3 different brands and each say a different thing.
1st-AP saltwater masters test kit
2nd-instant ocean seatest
3rd-quick dip test by jungle laboratories(i dont like)

let me know wich one is the best and wich one i should get, because i want to know the right answer:confused: . maybe i will start a poll out of this also.

I use salifert ph, ca, alk, mg, no3, no2, nh3, and phosphate. My only real complaint about them is the nitrate test. The numbers they use on the color chart leave a lot of guess work. It goes from 10 to 25(or 1 to 2.5) which makes monitoring the cycle a little more difficult.

hey thanks guys!!!!

i am deffinently going to go get a salifert kit hopfully this weekend. that way i can compare to the others and see wich one is right(or closest to right).

Salifert only. There known to be one of the most accurate test kits out there. Besides sending your water off for lab testing. :)

I have used FastTests in the past, Basically for easy of use when wife had to provide testing for me while I was traveling. I knew they wheren't the most accurate but easy for her use and it would at least give me basic idea. +/-

salifert. i found that some other test kits for calcium are way off. they were reading in the 450 range when saliferts were only in the 380's adjusted to that and all has been well since. i also use there alk kit.

well, I use Salifert just like everyone else.. nothing else can match them for ease of use, accuracy.

okay so the poll was kind of pointless....but anyways

does anybody know the cheapest(resonable) price on saliferts?

thanks again, augustus

Balogh, he's local to me, but there's a small operation here that has SMOKIN' prices on Salifert test kits. Well worth looking into. They've been perfect for me.

www.oceansaquariums.com

The Web site's funky, so it may be worth a phone call.

Whose Salifert??? :p J/K . I have used a number of test kits and in my opinion .....most are BUNK! Salifert has always given me good readings!

Back