what kinds of amemoe?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

darklight2ooo

I have been warned about cheap anemones in the past, is there one kind that i really shouldn't put in my tank if it had fish and corals in it?

I also read that white ones are no good..

I have a clown and a cardinal. and tons of light. 12 gallon tank.

Anemones are not easy to keep even in large mature tanks. I cannot recommend you put one in a 12 gallon tank.
With that said, you might want to try a small bubble tip. There hardier then most anemones. I would get a rose or green one. What kind of lighting are you talking about here? Tons of light doesn't tell much. :)

Frankie - we are on the same wave length, I think :)

I do agree with FFrankie's comments on tank size. I also would avoid one in a 12 gallon, unless it is a tank specifically for the anemone.

anemones are wicked to corals, and always seems to cause problems by moving or dying in a tank unless they duplicate like mad in a tank, and in a 12g, shoot in a 100gallon, you really don't want them to duplicate unless you're breeding them. Ask anyone keeping rtba's under 400s.

I said no to anemones a few years ago.

maybe consider something like a tube anemone? it'll stay put i think and they look cool, but might not be what you're looking for

Small BTA in my 12 gallon Nano (w/only 24 watts of light),

Oct07_nano19.jpg

12 Gal. NanoCube

Wow Omar that's a great nano! Uncommon also. I hope darklight2ooo understands the hard work that go's into that nano. It would sure help if you could tell about your husbandry on that system here for him to read.

Wow Omar that's a great nano! Uncommon also. I hope darklight2ooo understands the hard work that go's into that nano. It would sure help if you could tell about your husbandry on that system here for him to read.

Thanks!

Yep, does take some attention. Keep very close eye on water params. Do a weekly 4 gal water change...careful not to overfeed. No skimmer. Am using a Bio-Med Poly filter (well a 1/4 of one) in filtration system. Got rid of the bio-balls and ceramic media it came with. --- all I can think of. --- oh, I replaced the pump to get more water flow.

More Pics:

Oct07_nano32.jpg

Oct07_nano12.jpg

Oct07_nano23.jpg

:D

Last edited:
sorry everyone i have a 12 gallon tank with 96 watts on it. 10k blue and white. :p

yeah ive been thinking about putting in a bubble tip but 40 $ :( meh it would be nice i guess. what else would work under that?

sorry everyone i have a 12 gallon tank with 96 watts on it. 10k blue and white. :p

yeah ive been thinking about putting in a bubble tip but 40 $ :( meh it would be nice i guess. what else would work under that?

That is allot of light for a 12 gallon tank. What do you plan on cooking? :shock:

Back