What not to do to your sump

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

lizardarm

Reptilian Disco Biscuit
between a rock and a hard place: (Bremerton, WA)
Yeah so like the title says, this is what not to do to your sump-

After sump mods, make sure that the table it's sitting on is stable before you test for watertight integrity.
Pretty much takes the wind out of your sails to see a few hundred dollars worth of acrylic hit the deck.

awwww the sumpy broke :( This will stick in my head as what not to do with any tank. I sorry you had to learn it for us too :(

Sorry to see that happen. Maybe you can scotch tape it back together and get one of those Powder Red Tangs to live in there. LOL

I would have been jumping up and down and stomping my feet. then again the call me a brat for a reason!

Hope your hand is ok!

I've got two items made by IAP, my sump (RIP) which was made before the company changed ownership, and my aqaurium which was made after the change. The difference in quality is night and day; that sump was high quality old world craftsmanship, the tank- not so much. That's the real tragedy.

I was thinking duct tape, a couple of ratchet straps, and life sized picture of the sump in the stand that I took shortly after the tank was set up that I can prop up in there so my wife doesn't see.

Good call on the picture...another good reason to by a dslr camera.

Jason

Well actually at this point I'm flip flopping back and forth on that one. I took a stroll through lowes and HD before work today and I'm not seeing one at either that will fit. Does anyone know someplace that sells these things or something equivilent?

google the brute containers, then you can see every possible size and maybe order it or find a local dealer.....

Ow wow wow.....Super sucky.............. thats kinda like me water testing my first DIY 30G fuge on the kitchen counter of a second floor apartment and then going to work while leaving it full. I'll let you guess the outcome.

Back