What should be my next fish ??

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Grey Legion

Proud member of The MFC
Ok, my 35G reef tank has been doing very well I have 6 types of mushrooms a nice leather and a frogspawn. I have a pair of clowns that are doing fine and eating very well, but I would like to add another fish into the mix and looking for a herbivore this time to munch on some algae but also take premade flake foods, been looking at gobies and they seem cool, Tangs will be to big but I thought i would throw out a vague question and see what kind of answers I get back..

So the fish needs to do the following:

reef safe
stay small ( under 4" )
eat algae
eat flake
enjoy life and not spend it hiding..

Any thoughts ??

gobys are good although they wont eat algea i loved my lawnmower blenny although he did get quiet big 6-7 inches
fish are always a personal prefernce and should be chosen on ur own tastes its good to get feed back but aty the end of the day its ur tank and your god and will always have the last say

I understand the final choice is mine, just want to hear some feedback, so keep it coming. If you need any details on my setup be sure to ask !!

i have a scooter blenny that is fun to watch, but i think that a fire goby or clown goby. although neither would eat algae

what about a yellow tail damselfish(Chrysiptera parasema)....uhmmmm but he will not eat algae... maybe a coral beauty(Centropyge bispinosus) he will eat algae though..

Back