what should i do with a ten gallon tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

bighitrider45

clown fish
hello, I have a empty ten gallon tank, I was wondering what I should or could do with it. Or if anyone wants it, sell it.

Grrrr...make it a QT tank!! Oh, here's another idea...MAKE IT A QT TANK!!! lol. I learned that lesson the hard way. I'm sure a lot of people on here have also learned it the hard way. I hope you don't. I'm not looking to start a QT tank for my corals as well. I'll probably switch the 10 gallon to a coral QT and make a 29 QT for fish.

If you're convinced you're NOT going to make it a QT tank....and want to do some research...and are interested, make it a seahorse tank. That's something else I'd love to do!!

it can be turn into sump, top off :p, qt tank, another fish tank, a refugium, a zoo tank, and i think that's about it.

i think a quarantine tank is very important but if you don't want to then i'm sure there's many things that you can do it with it ... don't sell it dood :) .

Doesn't take much. Standard fluorescent lighting or even the cheap incadescent lighting are fine. A small power head or even better, a small HOB power filter, or sponge filter. You can put the sponge filter or the media from the Power filter in your sump to seed it. Put in a couple larger PVC fittings for fish to hide in and you're set. You don't even need sand or live rock. I have live rock and sand in mine because I also use it for growing pods. In fact, it's used more for that than for QT. I do QT fish in it as well though. I just don't medicate them. I have mine full of Chaeto and it's full of pods.

make a qt tank.
the 5.5 qt
Picture3002408.jpg

your gonna kick your self in the a@@ when your hole tank dies cause you bought a fish you really really really wanted.(that had parasite).. and just had to have it... so instead of qting him you ploped him in the tank....

i run my qt tank with very simular perameters to my tank, for eazy switching, and prep time

Back