What size is nano?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

N1Husker

RF Staff
What is the gallon mark that separates nano and small tank? For that matter, what is the line that separates small to medium and medium to large, then large to OMG that's huge?

Up to the individual, everyone has a different opinion on it, there is no real line. The pico line for me though is when you try to put your hand in the tank and you flood your desk from the tank overflowing.

Yes that would seem logical, but sometimes I put my arm in my 36 gal. and water creeps out, so now I have my wife do it, she has skinnier arms. I was just wondering what size my tank would be.

imo
9gal and under is pico
30-10gal nano
60-30gal small
125-75gal med
125gal+ is large

up to the individual and u can fill the gaps lol with wat u think... this is just wat i thinks

Any points for shape? I'm running a 25 hex that presents some interesting placement problems, not to mention setting up tank flow.

I am running a 36 gallon corner tank, two sides 24inches at a 90 degree right angle to each other connected by a 38 inch curved circumference in the front viewing glass. It seems almost impossible to get a steady flow rate without encountering some dead spots.

Back