What The %&C Part # 2

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

trillyen

what???
Ok today i bought a reef fanatic 250 watt metal Halide ballast for a what i thought was a steal!!! 20 bucks

At a kind of reef store garage sale.

It doesnt want to fire up my metal halide that i ALSO got from there ( 250 watt) 12000k coralvue (15 bucks)
its a electronic ballast

the bulb flickers on and off but dosent fully light up, just looks like its on fire for a second then it goes out!!!

the ballast has a wire thats just ALL wire NO COLOR on it, a red wire, and a blue wire

my wires off of my socket have a white, and black, and green wire set up.

i tried every scenerio i could, but nothing just the on off flicker of it looking like it wants to fire up but dosent

i dont think its the bulb

I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY THEY WOULD SELL A BALLAST THAT THEY KNOW DOSENT WORK

I was at work all day excited waiting to see and wondering what both sides of my tank would look like lighted up instead of just the 1, excited to go home and hook up my new WORKING ballast

I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY THEY WOULD SELL SOMETHING KNOWING IT DOSENT WORK

i dont care if it was 5 dollars and they knew it didnt work, thats 5 dollars i could put towards the purchase of a brand new ballast, or a good working used 1.

Don't feel bad I have purchased Brand new lighting equip. that did'nt work unpon arrival and weighed to much to ship back and had to troubleshoot it and make the warranty repair myself. anyway new is always better

Back