What To Do With A Sweeper Tentacle

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

please dont cut them (yikes!... on large polyp corals... this can be dangerous to the coral long term)

instead... understand that it is a defensive mechanism to the sensation of competitive organisms (common in our crowded tanks and it gets worse as the aquarium gets older with accumulating wastes)

Use more carbon, stronger water flow and ozone... the sweepers will subside without you injuring the coral.

please dont cut them (yikes!... on large polyp corals... this can be dangerous to the coral long term)

instead... understand that it is a defensive mechanism to the sensation of competitive organisms (common in our crowded tanks and it gets worse as the aquarium gets older with accumulating wastes)

Use more carbon, stronger water flow and ozone... the sweepers will subside without you injuring the coral.

Thank you Anthony. I really wasn't going to cut the coral's tentacle btw. I had heard of others doing it but didn't have the guts. Thanks so much for your insight and I will do as you wish. :)

Back