What type of anemones split regularly?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

eliterecon14

Pajama Cardinal
I am thinking of trading my Long Tentacle anemone in for a Bta and was wondering if there are any that split regularly other than the Bta. How would be the best way to move my Lta out of a hole in a rock. SIlversides aren't available around here so what would make the Bta grow otherwise? Would Brine Shrimp work?

I have a BTA that I've had for less than a year, it has split 4 times now. I fed the "original" BTA silverslides, now all I do is occassionally squirt mysis in their tentacles. Once they split and land, they stay where they are so I don't know if they split cuz they're happy or cuz they're not. I like to believe they are. :oops::oops::oops:

Some say BTA split because the water quality, flow, lighting or what ever is not right for them so they split as a survival instinct mechanism. I have had a GBTA for 2 years and it is 8 inches across, and has never split. I bought a small RBTA and it split 6 weeks after I got it. Same tank, same every time except time in tank.
Also I feed mine very little, maybe once a month, and my green is doing great. Running 2 x 250 MH on a 75 gal. With 2 clowns also to help. They do not go near the (now 2) RBTA which is only inches away from the green.

Back